The uber washer!

Posted by Trey Brock On Monday, February 28, 2011 2 comments

I found this design for a new style washing machine that can actually help save water and energy during loads. How it does this is a two drum design. In the back drum, the owner can wash heavier clothes such as jeans or blankets. While in the front drum, the owner can wash delicates or white clothes. This effectively means that you can do two loads at the same time, using the same water. Rather then worrying about mixing white shirts with red ones, the person can combine then in the two separate drums.

I really like this idea because it helps with energy saving methods. This will reduce the cost for everyone and in our economic times, that is important. Beyond that, there is the fact that we don't have to wait for a full load of delicates or a full load of regular clothing.


Click Here

2 comments:

Kellie B said...

I really like this idea! When I do laundry now I have to do at least three loads because I have to separate my light/delicate clothes from my darker/heavier clothes. This would definitely save time and energy.

The only downside, like most everything, would be the initial cost.

Brandi Miller said...

If it's running the same water wouldn't you still get a red tint on white clothes if you were washing them together? The red tint doesn't necessarily come from your clothes rubbing together, but the dye from the reds coming off in the water and then the whites being soaked in that. Still a cool idea, though.

Post a Comment