Beyond the LapTop

Posted by Trey Brock On Friday, March 4, 2011 1 comments

I don't know about anyone else, but if I had the choice between a screen or no screen, I choose the latter. Now, what I mean is having a projector instead of an LED. Of course, the main reasoning behind this is the versatility of the projector.

Now, think of a projector meets computer. Rather then needing to have a laptop, you would have a drive with a built in projector. With the minds in Light Blue Optics, this idea is taking form.

What I found is the Light Touch Projector that projects an image on the table in front of the user. Now the user can interact with the image in the same way you woud with a touch screen computer. To make matters more impressive, the Light Touch can connect to social networks. It comes with 2 Gb of flash memory and micro sd slot to expand it even more. Though the Light Touch is slightly bulky, I can very easily see future versions to be much smaller and more powerful.

The ability to turn any surface into a computer screen and keyboard would be an amazing idea. I would hope it could even go to the point of a necklace or something you wear that can project on anything in front of you. We could access the internet on the go, watch movies, record videos, and most anything else a computer can do now of days. Think of it, being able to have a presentation without the need of a separate computer, just let your future Light Touch show it for you.

Now this is more of what I HOPE will happen, but what we have now is still impressive. To see the details on the Light Touch, Click Here

1 comments:

Post a Comment