I found this smart phone application that really blew me away. It would live stream and translation for whatever image you put in front of it. A perfect example of this would be a sign that says "danger: asbestos!" and it happens to be in Russian. We may not be able to read it, but our phone can.
The reason I am so excited for this technology because of the possibilities. When a person goes travelling, he/ she will be able to read menus, signs, books, etc, without the worry of paying for a translator.
Let's say I had an allergen to peanuts and while travelling in France, I accidentally ate a food cooked in peanut oil. If I had this translator, I could of read that it is roasted duck in peanut oil and saved myself an allergy attack.
The video I found shows this application in action and I am hoping that as phones get more advanced, so will this technology.
click here

0 comments:
Post a Comment